Canada is one of the friendliest nations you can imagine, where two languages mix together on the streets through a mix of cultures from around the world - all in one place! As one of the world’s most welcoming countries, Canada is the ideal place to learn French and improve your language skills while making memories you’ll never forget! We’ve been helping students to learn French in Canada for many years now, and thousands of students have trusted ESL to build them an unforgettable language experience - join them!
Why study French in Canada?
- Learn a European language spoken across the world in a truly bilingual, multi-cultural environment.
- Take in everything Canada has to offer - stunning nature, towering mountains, crystal clear waters, and sky-high cityscapes.
- Our courses in Montreal, a majority French-speaking city, will allow you to learn as you explore underground First Nations settlements, cheer on at an ice hockey game, or scale Mount Royal, the city’s namesake.
- Blend in with local life, and practise your French on a daily basis as you explore with your new friends who’ve also travelled to learn French in Canada, just like you!
- See and experience French on a global level as you learn about new cultures and lifestyles halfway around the world.
Is Canadian French different?
All varieties of the same language are different worldwide, as culture influences them over time. Canadian French and ‘standard’ French have their own accents and differences. However, there’s no need to worry, as someone who speaks Canadian French will have no problem understanding someone from France, and vice versa. If you want to learn French, Canada is a great option, as you’ll experience a new part of the world and gain a global view of the language.
Why choose ESL for a junior French course in Canada?
ESL is passionate about languages, and we believe that learning a new language while you’re young and having fun is one of the greatest opportunities out there! Experience new parts of the world and develop a skill which will stay with you forever through our quality language courses, delivered through dynamic and engaging teaching methods. We know that going abroad when you’re young is a milestone, and that means we help you prepare for your course and support you before, during, and after your stay. Your friendly language travel consultant will help you to organise your course, and you can count on them for free, personalised advice throughout your journey with us as you learn French in Canada.