London attracts massive amounts of people from all over the world for a reason – as the English capital, it offers boundless possibilities for students and professionals alike. The wide range of cultural, learning and work opportunities available make it an ideal destination for international students. In addition, it is also where a huge part of jobs on offer in the UK concentrate so students tend to find it easy to combine their courses with paid positions. The best bit? After a long day at school and at work, you’ll be spoiled on choices as to what to do to relax and have fun!
Why take an English long-term course in London?
Going for a gap year in London will ensure you:
- Will be on the fastest path to perfecting your English by practising the language daily with the large number of locals and international students around
- Enroll in a course that matches your needs and find suitable work through our Job Club service
- Discover a unique mix of the essence of British lifestyle and history, and a wide range of other international cultures – a feat only London can achieve
- Never live a boring moment – museums, festivals, restaurants, parks, sport events… you name it, you’ll find it in London
- Take the opportunity to travel around the UK and compare all the different cultural and linguistic aspects you’ll find throughout the country
Can I work and study in London?
UK-based companies are constantly on the lookout for potential employees, and with a large amount of them located in London, it is only logical the city would offer endless job opportunities. At ESL – in collaboration with our partner schools – we believe international students should take advantage of this situation in order to improve not only their English language skills but also their CVs. This is why we now offer a free Job Club service, which will help you in your job search by providing advice on CV optimization and information on the UK’s laws on labour, among other valuable assistance.