Considered by many as the capital city of Northern England, Manchester is an excellent choice for students who want to study and work in the UK. The city is home to two of the largest universities in England, which means you’ll find plenty of opportunities to mingle with both local and international students. In addition, given the city is one of the strongest local economies in the UK, work opportunities are plentiful.
Why do a gap year in Manchester?
On an English long-term stay with ESL, you’ll be able to:
- Improve your English in an ideal setting where you will find endless opportunities to work through the language thanks to our Job Club service
- Immerse yourself in the British lifestyle through a city that offers both traditional and modern aspects of the UK’s culture
- Soak up centuries of fascinating history by visiting every corner of a spectacular English metropolis
- Take advantage of Manchester’s great student and young workers’ scene to practise English while forming long-lasting friendships
- Explore the very best of the United Kingdom – enjoy a unique location right between Scotland, Wales and the rest of England!
Can I work and study in Manchester?
Jobs abound in the UK both for local and international students. However, the latter could probably benefit from some assistance in seeking work, which is why we – along with our partner schools - have designed a free help service in this regard. By joining our Job Club, you will be assisted in different work-related aspects such as CV preparation, job search and labour laws in the UK. Take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to build your CV and make yourself more competitive in the job market!