Every year, Cambridge welcomes both UK and international students by the thousands. Its famous and centuries-old university is only one of many reasons for this - this picturesque English town is made up of stunning architecture you can gaze at while floating down the river on one of the well-known ‘punts’ or river boats. Cambridge’s cosmopolitan feel along with its strategic location – a short train ride to London and other emblematic UK localities – will ensure your gap year will be an unforgettable experience. In addition, its strong job market will facilitate your search for a job you can combine with your language course.
Why go on an English gap year in Cambridge?
An English course in Cambridge will allow you to:
- Greatly improve your English language skills both in class and at work thanks to our Job Club service
- Discover the very best of British culture and history at one of its top traditional university towns
- Mingle with a multicultural and local crowd of similar ages and interests
- Explore the UK in your free time from a privileged location
- Develop a wide range of useful skills by adapting to a new city and country – not to mention a new workplace!
Can I work and study in Cambridge?
Working and studying in the UK is perfectly possible due to the booming job market. However, at ESL we know it’s not always easy to look for a job – particularly if you’re in a foreign country and studying at the same time. This is why we have set up the Job Club in collaboration with our partner schools, a free service that aims to help our international students search for a job, correctly prepare their CVs and be well informed of the UK’s labour laws.